Responsible for assisting physicians in the treatment of and consultation with patients in a high volume, multi-specialty practice.
- Escorting the patient to and from the treatment room in a timely manner.
- Assisting with patient care. This includes but is not limited to:
- Taking vitals as necessary
- Removing/Reapplying dressings, remove sutures, perform injections, etc.
- Providing patients with gowns and assist with clothing/dressing when needed.
- Answering general patient questions.
- Escorting patient to Physician’s medical secretary following appointment.
- Ensuring treatment rooms are clean and in the proper condition for patient visits including stocking supplies.
- Ensuring Medical Assistant area is kept neat and clean.
- Dissemination of timely and accurate communication to Physicians and patients.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college or technical training preferred.
- One year of experience in related position preferred.
- Knowledge of Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Physiatry and/or Interventional Pain Management preferred.
- Ability to read/understand physician/patient orders.
- Ability to effectively communicate with insurance companies and understand oral instructions relating to the Pre-Certification process.
- Various clinical skills required including but not limited to: venipuncture, bracing, and wound care.
- NextGen and SRS experience highly desirable.
- Medical Assistant (MA) certification desired
- Travel to various facilities as needed
Please forward your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.
OrthoNeuro is a tobacco/drug-free work place and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).