Responsible for being the liaison between the physician and the patient. Responsible for surgery scheduling.
- Coordination and the efficient management of the physician’s office schedule. This includes ensuring that the physician’s schedule is conducive to good patient flow. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Reviewing the schedules in advance to ensure that the appointments/schedule meets the physicians’ needs.
- Patient scheduling in the absence of the practice’s appointment secretaries.
- Scheduling surgeries for those physicians that require it. This includes providing surgical/procedural information to the hospital(s) as appropriate. This includes but not limited to the following:
- Obtaining the proper surgical/procedure consent forms.
- Ensuring the proper patient documentation is provided.
- Ensuring that all diagnostic films/tests are provided for the surgery/procedure.
- Scheduling ancillary services for the patients within one business day of request. Ancillary services include but are not limited to MRIs, Bone Scans and other services.
- Efficient management of patient flow. This includes ensuring that the patient’s health care needs are handled as soon as possible.
- 24-hour turnaround time on physician office charges. This includes a seven day turnaround time on charge/information requests sent to the secretaries by the billing office. This 24-hour turnaround time does not include Worker’s Compensation Charges.
- Preparation of information for OrthoNeuro’s Outpatient Charge Coordinator.
- Ensuring that the proper patient referrals and authorizations for office visits and outpatient procedures are present at time of visit. Also, this position is responsible for communicating the need for these items to the front desk staff to ensure that those patients who need referrals will be notified as such.
- Managing the workflow of the physicians’ Industrial patients.
- Disseminating timely and accurate communication with the physicians and patients.
- Helping fellow employees as needed. This includes cross-training at other positions within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent; or completion at technical training institution
- At least one year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have Surgery Scheduling experience
- Knowledge of Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Physiatry and/or Interventional Pain Management preferred.
Please forward your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.
OrthoNeuro is a tobacco/drug-free work place and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).