Patient Financial Counselor
This position is responsible for contacting patients to collect deposits for scheduled procedures and/or surgeries. This role will also assist with post procedure/surgery collections and perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Daily contact with patients to collect surgery/procedure deposits
- Access payer website to determine eligibility and estimated patient responsibility
- Process credit card payments for deposits
- Assist patients with processing of accepted credit applications
- Update electronic health record/practice management with payment information
- Communicate non-payment status to physician
- Assist with collecting outstanding patient A/R, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one year of experience in scheduling preferred but not required
- Phone experience required
- Knowledge of Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Physiatry and/or Interventional Pain Management preferred
- Must be professional, detail-oriented, have exceptional phone skills, strong communication skills and be able to handle a very fast-paced environment
Please forward your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.
OrthoNeuro is a tobacco/drug-free work place and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).